It's summer time! | Pet info you must know: The symptom and precautions against heat stroke
Summer is coming! As it gets hotter, however, cats and dogs can only rely on their sweat glands on the paw, and the edge of the nose and mouth, to reduce heat absorption and facilitate sweat evaporation and heat dissipation. Their thermoregulation can’t adapt to temperature changes in time. Therefore, if their daily life is not properly arranged, it may cause heatstroke.
How to judge whether a cat or dog is suffering from heatstroke?
How to prevent heatstroke?
Let’s take a look!
The symptom against heatstroke of pets
- Shortness of breath
- Mucosal hyperemia
- The colour of gum turns to dark red, varies
- Foam in the mouth and confusion on direction
When the weather is hot, owners need to watch and take care more of their pets. if you found any abnormalities, don’t underestimate them since the impact on pets are not to be taken lightly. If owners allow this situation to continue, it may cause shock, coma and even life-threatening.
Recommendation for owners to avoid their pets to get heatstroke
- Avoid go out for a walk at noon or when the sun shines the brightest
- Indoor: Maintain good indoor ventilation by means of natural ventilation
- Outdoor: Don’t leave your pet in the car with the window closed. If there is sunshine outside, it is dangerous to leave a gap on the car window too.
- Prepare potable water anytime and anywhere for pets to replenish moisture in time.
- Don’t expose to the sun for a long time.
If your pet is suffering from heatstroke, you need to consult a doctor promptly, use professional measures to relieve symptoms and cure as soon as possible. If they have a loss of appetite, Kakato tinned mousse can come in handy. Kakato mousse tinned food are fresh and healthy, the texture is delicate and moist which is easy to absorb, also it is suitable for any age! You can also feed with a syringe, replenish nutrients and make their body recover faster.
Sea bream mousse Saba mousse
Salmon mousse Beef mousse
Chicken mousse Tuna mousse